Aerospace Analysis Engineer
SC Solutions is seeking qualified Aerospace Analysis Engineers in positions ranging from Junior to Project Engineer levels in our San Diego and Sunnyvale offices to join our growing team.
SC Solutions (www.scsolutions.com) is a leading provider of mechanical, aerospace, structural and controls engineering solutions to a wide range of industries including – aerospace, energy, defense, infrastructure, and manufacturing. Providing value to our customers through innovation is our core philosophy. We offer services in design, analysis, optimization, test support, prototype development, and process improvement using modern CAD and CAE tools. Joining our team of renowned experts and advisors, you will have the opportunity to address complex challenges using advanced simulation methods and software.
San Diego, CA or Sunnyvale, CA
Essential Job Functions:
Under the supervision of a Lead Engineer, perform aerospace engineering structural analysis project work with emphasis on solving problems in static and dynamic analysis using advanced CAD/CAE software. Typical applications include launch vehicles, spacecraft, aircraft, and general mechanical systems.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in several of the following areas:
- FEM creation
- Linear and nonlinear simulation
- Multibody dynamics and kinematics
- Random analysis
- Acceleration/Force Response Limiting
- Shock (SRS) Analysis
- Test to FEM correlation
- Fracture/ Fatigue analysis
- Hurty/Craig-Bamton generation and Coupled Loads Analysis (CLA)
Additionally, experience with any of these specialties is highly desirable:
- Thermal analysis and/or electromagnetic analysis
- Aeroelasticity (Flutter)
- BS or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar Engineering field
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following commercial analysis tools is:
- Required: Nastran, NX, FEMAP, Abaqus, Ansys, or other CAE tools
- Highly Desirable: MATLAB, Python, Visual Basic, Java, or another programming language
- Must be able to communicate effectively — in written and verbal format
- Must be able to manage own schedule and technical work product
- Must be able to take direction for job functions
- Successful candidates must be positive team players who are committed to excellence
- Must be willing to learn new skills, software packages and general engineering knowledge
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident for ITAR data access
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job number SVL205.
SC Solutions provides highly competitive and comprehensive benefits including a competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonuses, medical/dental/vision benefits, and a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of aerospace, controls, mechanical and structural engineering services for the aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, medical, oil & gas, and transportation industries. We support our clients with smart and creative solutions for analysis, optimization, test and prototype development using modern CAD and CAE tools.