Control Engineer I (Sunnyvale-CA)
SC Solutions is seeking a qualified control engineer to join our Control Engineering team in providing solutions to our customers for real-time, model-based control systems. The applications are in control of manufacturing equipment such as those used for semiconductor wafer processing, advanced materials fabrication, and in the aerospace industry. As part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, you will contribute to analysis, simulation, design, and implementation of control systems for these applications. A strong background in feedback control system design and strong software skills are required. Experience with and working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink are required. The candidate should possess enthusiasm, eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills, and independent engineering judgment.
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct control design, simulations, data analysis, algorithm development, and controller implementation for a wide range of systems. Responsibilities include:
- Performing data analysis and signal processing to condition data
- Developing models in MATLAB/Simulink and running simulations with them to match customer data
- Performing model-based control design using MATLAB/Simulink and tools developed in-house
- Performing software development tasks such as algorithm development, coding and debugging, implementation on hardware platforms, and simple GUI design
- Performing engineering analyses, writing reports, and preparing presentations for clients
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, and proposal writing
- M.S. degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 2+ years of experience in Systems & Control Engineering strongly desired
- Experience with real-time and embedded systems is a plus
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as MATLAB/Simulink, C, C++, C# or Python
- Good technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to travel occasionally to customer sites
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number CE201.
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of controls, mechanical, and structural engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, semiconductor manufacturing, biomedical, and transportation industries.
The Controls Engineering division provides custom process control and modeling solutions to the semiconductor manufacturing, advanced materials manufacturing, energy, aerospace, and defense industries. In addition to our engineering services, we support our clients with products that include real-time and run-to-run control, signal processing and process optimization.