SC Solutions is currently accepting applications for an Engineer for employment at our Sunnyvale office. As a part of the structural engineering team at SC Solutions, the candidate will execute project assignments for a large variety of systems and structures in the Transportation, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Water, Ports, and other related industries. The primary duties will be to perform engineering calculations and analyses under the guidance of a Senior/Principal Engineer in the delivery of investigation and validation studies to support new and retrofit design projects, including bridges, tunnels, underground structures, railway structures, foundation systems, nuclear facilities, offshore platforms, fluid storage tanks, and other related infrastructure systems and structures.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a project-oriented environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should have enthusiasm and eagerness to learn new skills and develop analytical skills and independent engineering judgment.
- M.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering is required, Ph.D. preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure preferred.
- 2+ years of advanced analysis and earthquake engineering experience in support of the investigation and validation of new and retrofit infrastructure design projects
- Strong fundamentals in structural mechanics, earthquake/seismic engineering, behavior of concrete and steel structures, and applicable industry codes and standards.
- Experience in finite element modeling and numerical analysis, with eagerness to learn new software and skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com.