Principal & Senior Aerospace Analysis Engineer
SC Solutions is seeking qualified Senior to Principal level Aerospace Analysis Engineers in our San Diego and Sunnyvale offices to join our growing team.
SC Solutions (www.scsolutions.com) is a leading provider of mechanical, aerospace, structural and controls engineering solutions to a wide range of industries including – aerospace, energy, defense, infrastructure, and manufacturing. Providing value to our customers through innovation is our core philosophy. We offer services in design, analysis, optimization, test support, prototype development, and process improvement using modern CAD and CAE tools. Joining our team of renowned experts and advisors, you will have the opportunity to address complex challenges using advanced simulation methods and software.
San Diego, CA or Sunnyvale, CA
Perform aerospace engineering structural analysis project work by solving problems in static and dynamics analysis using advanced CAD/CAE software. Typical applications include launch vehicles, spacecraft, aircraft, and general mechanical systems. Some overlap with our world-class controls engineering division is expected. This senior role will see the candidate provide project management, customer management and technical leadership for the project team in addition to requisite analysis work.
Typical job duties will require experience in:
- FEM creation for both linear and nonlinear simulation
- Structural Analysis
- Static analysis and buckling
- Dynamic analysis (in both the frequency and time domains)
- Model Reduction (e.g. Hurty/Craig-Bampton generation)
- Test to FEM correlation
- Modal Correlation
- Acceleration/Force Response Limiting (Notching)
- Developing custom tools (in MATLAB, Python, Visual Basic, Java, or other programming language) for task automation and advanced post-processing
- Generating reports and writing project proposals
Additionally, experience with at least one of these specialties is highly desirable:
- Planning, coordinating, and running spaceflight hardware qualification test campaigns
- Coupled Loads Analysis (CLA)
- Fracture/fatigue analysis
- Multibody dynamics and kinematics
- Thermal analysis
- Optomechanical design
- Aeroelasticity (Flutter)
- BS or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar Engineering field
- Must have experience managing technical project teams
- Expertise in one or more of the following commercial analysis tools: Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys, or LS-DYNA
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident for ITAR data access
- Must be able to manage own schedule and technical work product
- Must be willing to learn new skills, software packages, and general engineering knowledge
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number SVL401.
SC Solutions provides highly competitive and comprehensive benefits including a competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonuses, medical/dental/vision benefits, and a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions. SC Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of aerospace, controls, mechanical and structural engineering services for the aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, medical, oil & gas, and transportation industries. We support our clients with smart and creative solutions for analysis, optimization, test and prototype development using modern CAD and CAE tools.