Senior Engineer, Sunnyvale
SC Solutions is currently accepting applications for a Senior Engineer for employment at our Sunnyvale office. As a part of the structural engineering team at SC Solutions, the candidate will execute project assignments for a large variety of systems and structures in the Transportation, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Water, Ports, and other related industries. The primary duties will be to perform engineering calculations and analyses in the delivery of investigation and validation studies to support new and retrofit design projects, including bridges, tunnels, underground structures, railway structures, foundation systems, nuclear facilities, offshore platforms, fluid storage tanks, and other related infrastructure systems and structures.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a project-oriented environment, oversee and review work by staff engineers, and interface with project managers and internal leadership. In addition, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- M.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering is required, Ph.D. preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure preferred.
- 4-6 years of advanced analysis and earthquake engineering experience in support of the investigation and validation of new and retrofit infrastructure design projects
- Strong structural mechanics background and excellent knowledge of earthquake/seismic engineering, behavior of concrete and steel structures, and applicable industry codes and standards.
- Proficient in numerical analysis software (e.g. ADINA, LS-DYNA, ANSYS, and similar), with the ability to perform both linear and nonlinear finite element analysis.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com.