SC Solutions is seeking an experienced candidate with interest and expertise in seismic design and analysis of transportation structures, including bridges, tunnels, underground structures, and rail/transit structures. Task/project management experience in analysis-led design, performing advanced numerical simulations in support of new and retrofit design, and evaluation of infrastructure projects are desired.
This position is for our Sacramento office. The hired candidate will be joining a multidisciplinary team of engineers serving our customers in a diverse set of projects and industries. Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Serve as technical lead and/or task manager on mid-size to major bridge and transportation projects
- Develop technical approach based on project requirements and standard of practice
- Oversee project execution, including developing finite element models of complex transportation structures, performing linear and nonlinear seismic and other advanced analysis, checking/validating analytical results, and preparing technical reports
- Prepare and present analytical results and technical findings in internal and external project meetings and peer review meetings
- Develop processes and best practices to improve in delivery of project assignments
- Assist in the pursuit of transportation projects, including developing the technical approach, scope of work, budget and schedule estimates, and proposals
- Actively maintain project scope, budget and schedule on all assigned tasks
- Mentor, train and develop junior staff.
- M.S. in Civil/Structural Engineering required, Ph.D. preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensure is required, CA preferred
- 8+ years of post-graduate project experience
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis and design of various types of transportation structures, including advanced analysis and earthquake engineering experience in support of the investigation and validation of new and retrofit design projects
- Complex bridge design experience is a plus
- Strong structural mechanics background and excellent knowledge of earthquake engineering, seismic design, and applicable industry codes and standards
- Expert level proficiency in numerical analysis software (e.g. ADINA, CSiBridge, MIDAS, LS-DYNA, and similar), with the ability to perform both linear and nonlinear finite element analysis
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and a team player
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com.