Senior Mechanisms Engineer I (Sunnyvale-CA or San Diego)
SC Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanisms Engineer I to join our growing team in either our Sunnyvale or San Diego office.
A Senior Mechanisms Engineer I applies standard engineering techniques and procedures, and interprets design criteria using engineering judgment in executing project assignments under the limited guidance of a Principal Engineer. Work performed by someone at this level will be reviewed by a senior staff member for adherence to project requirements and application of engineering judgment.
The preferred location for this position is either the Sunnyvale-CA office or the SanDiego-CA office.
- Performing project tasks with increasing complexity that may require evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
- Supervising or coordinating the work of more junior engineers and providing regular mentorship, especially during task assignments.
- Assisting with project delivery, task management, and project management tasks.
- Managing task budgets and schedules, and being responsible for the quality of task deliverable(s) for routine assignments.
- Interacting professionally with technical counterparts of existing company clients, and regularly contributing to proposal development regarding task definition and estimation of effort requirements.
- B.S. or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline is required, preferably with focus/experience in Mechanisms Design
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Spacecraft Mechanisms or Mechatronics Engineering
- A solid background in statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, material science, stress, and thermal analysis
- A Senior Mechanisms Engineer I should have skills and experience in fundamental and advanced engineering concepts, problem solving and critical thinking, technical writing and communications, and display overall professional conduct.
- Additional attributes preferred are an ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; and an ability to work in a team environment.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number SVL302.
Mechanical and Aerospace Division programs require access to government, defense, and classified information. Per ITAR compliance requirements we can only consider your application if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of aerospace, controls, mechanical and structural engineering services for the aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, medical, oil & gas and transportation industries. We support our clients with smart and creative solutions for analysis, optimization, test and prototype development using modern CAD and CAE tools.