Senior Mechanisms Engineer I (Sunnyvale-CA)
SC Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanisms Engineer I to join our growing team in our Sunnyvale office.
A Senior Mechanisms Engineer I applies standard engineering techniques and procedures, and interprets design criteria using engineering judgment in executing project assignments under the limited guidance of a Principal Engineer. Work performed by someone at this level will be reviewed by a senior staff member for adherence to project requirements and application of engineering judgment.
The preferred location for this position is the Sunnyvale-CA office, although applications for the Sacramento-CA, Atlanta-GA, and Seattle-WA offices would be considered.
- Performing project tasks with increasing complexity that may require evaluation, selection, and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
- Supervising or coordinating the work of more junior engineers and providing regular mentorship, especially during task assignments.
- Assisting with project delivery, task management, and project management tasks.
- Managing task budgets and schedules, and being responsible for the quality of task deliverable(s) for routine assignments.
- Interacting professionally with technical counterparts of existing company clients, and regularly contributing to proposal development regarding task definition and estimation of effort requirements.
- B.S. or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline is required, preferably with focus/experience in Mechanisms Design
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Spacecraft Mechanisms or Mechatronics Engineering
- A solid background in statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, material science, stress, and thermal analysis
- A Senior Mechanisms Engineer I should have skills and experience in fundamental and advanced engineering concepts, problem solving and critical thinking, technical writing and communications, and display overall professional conduct.
- Additional attributes preferred are an ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; and an ability to work in a team environment.
Applicant must be a U.S. Person.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job number SVL302.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions is Silicon Valley’s leading provider of aerospace, controls, mechanical and structural engineering services for the aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, medical, oil & gas and transportation industries. We support our clients with smart and creative solutions for analysis, optimization, test and prototype development using modern CAD and CAE tools.