Senior Research Engineer I (Sunnyvale-CA)
SC Solutions is seeking to hire a qualified control engineer for the position of Senior Research Engineer 1 to work from our Sunnyvale office. As a member of our Control Engineering team, you will be part of an experienced multidisciplinary group providing control solutions to our customers in real-time, model-based control systems. You will contribute to analysis, simulation, design, and implementation of such high-performance control systems.
Our primary application is in process equipment control in semiconductor and advanced materials fabrication, but we also serve other industries such as aerospace, energy, and transportation. We also perform cutting-edge federally funded research (e.g., in quantum control) where we have a strong record of collaboration with the academic research community and national labs.
A strong background in multivariable (MIMO) feedback/feedforward control system design and software development skills are required. Experience with using MATLAB and a working knowledge of Simulink is also required. A good understanding of optimization techniques and algorithms is preferred. A more detailed list of job responsibilities and qualifications is given below.
SC provides a stimulating environment for professional growth through its involvement in a wide range of control and modeling applications. Aided by your enthusiasm and willingness to continually explore and learn new areas, your work at SC will help develop your analytical skills and independent engineering judgment, as well as being a team player as you navigate challenging control problems. You will have the opportunity to develop new lines of business by writing proposals and by developing industry contacts. We maintain a collegial and flexible work environment which has led to our excellent employee retention record.
Conduct multi-input multi-output (MIMO) control design, simulations, data analysis, algorithm development, and controller implementation for a wide range of systems. Responsibilities include:
- Performing data analysis and signal processing to condition data.
- Developing models in MATLAB/Simulink and running simulations with them to match customer data.
- Performing MIMO model-based control design using MATLAB/Simulink and tools developed in-house.
- Performing software development tasks such as algorithm development, coding and debugging, implementation on hardware platforms, and simple GUI design.
- Performing engineering analyses, writing reports, and preparing presentations for clients.
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, and proposal writing.
- Ph.D. degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Control Systems is required.
- Proficiency with multivariable (MIMO) control design techniques is required.
- Strong understanding of optimization techniques and algorithms is preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in Systems & Control Engineering is desirable.
- Experience with real-time and embedded systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of scripting tools for engineering computations, such as MATLAB/Simulink, and software development in C, C++, C# or Python is desired.
- Good technical writing and verbal communications skills are required.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are needed to complete assignments within budget and schedule to the satisfaction of customers.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to customer sites is required.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number CE301 for Sunnyvale-CA.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions Control Engineering provides custom process control and modeling solutions to the semiconductor manufacturing, advanced materials manufacturing, energy, aerospace, and defense industries. SC Solutions is a high-technology company and provides excellent salary/benefits and the opportunity to develop your career with outstanding professionals.