Senior Structural Engineer (Sunnyvale, CA)
SC Solutions is seeking an experienced candidate with interest and expertise to support our clients in Transportation, Water, Nuclear, and Oil and Gas industries. The successful candidate has an educational background and practical experience in advanced nonlinear finite element analysis with emphasis on extreme loading, seismic evaluation and design, soil-structure interaction, wind analysis, and/or serviceability, strength, and safety evaluation.
Candidates will be joining a multidisciplinary team of engineers at SC Solutions, and they should have enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills. Must be highly self-motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
This position is for our Sunnyvale-CA location, but Sacramento-CA, San Diego-CA, and Atlanta-GA locations will also be considered. Please identify the location(s) of interest in your application.
- Serve as technical lead and/or task manager
- Develop technical approach based on project requirements and standard of practice
- Oversee project execution and lead project teams of 2-5 engineers to develop finite element models of complex structures, perform linear and nonlinear seismic and other advanced analyses, check/validate analytical results, and prepare technical reports
- Prepare and present analytical results and technical findings in internal and external project meetings and peer review meetings
- Assist in the pursuit of projects, including developing the technical approach, scope of work, budget and schedule estimates, and proposals
- Mentor, train, and develop junior staff
- MSc or PhD degree in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, or Earthquake Engineering (preference for ABET Accredited program)
- 5+ years of post-graduate project experience
- Experience managing small teams to complete analysis tasks
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Demonstrated experience with one or more commercial finite element programs, such as: LS-DYNA, ANSYS, ADINA, NASTRAN, and/or ABAQUS
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
$115K to $160K
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference job number SVL402.
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of structural engineering, controls, and mechanical engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across infrastructure, energy, defense, transportation, aerospace, semiconductor manufacturing, and biomedical industries.
The Structural Engineering division provides services related to analysis, design, risk assessment, certification, and owner advisory support to bring value to a diverse range of critical infrastructure projects. Our high-end analysis capabilities include nonlinear response history, soil-structure interaction, fluid-structure interaction, thermal, and impact/collision assessments.