Software Engineering Architect / Developer, Sunnyvale
SC Solutions is seeking a software engineering architect and developer to assist in the solution planning and development of both internal and commercial engineering software tools, in support of high-tech advanced computational analysis of critical infrastructure systems. A qualified applicant will be proactive, independent, detail-oriented, forward-looking, reliable, organized, and an excellent communicator with individuals of different backgrounds. The position is a dual role as both architect and developer.
The architect portion of this position will consist of working with engineers and business managers to define technical requirements and plan software architecture. The architect also functions as a development team lead by establishing and enforcing processes and standards of development practice, and by coordinating and providing direction to developers.
The developer portion of this position will contribute to implementation of software requirements, fixing defects, researching new technologies, maintaining source code libraries, generation of software license files, testing of software and updates, and other routine software development tasks.
- 2+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related field, or an Engineering degree with a minor in Computer Science or related field
- Basic knowledge of engineering mechanics principles
- Basic knowledge of Finite Element Method
- Proficient in multiple programming languages including object-oriented languages, including familiarity with FORTRAN
- Proficient in scripting languages including Python
- Proficient in database development and management
- Proficient in using and maintaining both Windows and Unix operating systems
- Prior experience with High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Strong understanding of computing technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design – including leveraging emerging technologies
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com.