Structural Engineer (Atlanta/Marietta-GA)
SC Solutions is seeking a talented engineer to join our Structural Division to support our nuclear practice in the areas of extreme loadings, seismic evaluation, soil-structure interaction, impactive and impulsive analysis and design, probabilistic risk assessment, and margin evaluation. The candidate should possess enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills and independent engineering judgment.
The preferred location for this position is the Atlanta-GA area office, although applications for Sunnyvale-CA, Sacramento-CA or Seattle-WA offices would be considered.
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct finite element analysis for complex nuclear facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Developing finite element models and post-processing of the analysis results through automation and data reduction
- Conducting building and foundation soil-structure interaction analysis in time and/or frequency domain
- Preparing engineering calculations, reports, and presentations for clients
- Performing design checks of structural components for compliance with codes and standards
- Reviewing drawings to extract design inputs
- Developing conceptual drawings and sketches
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, business development, and proposal developments
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, or Soil Dynamics
- 2+ years of experience in support of the investigation and validation of new design and/or retrofit of nuclear facilities using advance analysis tools and methods
- Strong background in nonlinear structural dynamic analysis of concrete and steel structures
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Proficiency with use of one or more commercial finite element analysis computer programs, such as: ADINA, LSDYNA, SASSI, GT-STRUDL, NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS, MIDAS, and SAP2000
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards such as ACI, AISC, and ASCE
- Familiarity with risk-based performance evaluations, risk and reliability, seismic probabilistic analysis, geo-dynamics, and ground motions is preferred
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
- Occasional travel
- $85K to $115K
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number ATL101.
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of controls, mechanical, and structural engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, semiconductor manufacturing, biomedical, and transportation industries.
The Structural Engineering division provides services related to analysis, design, risk assessment, certification, and owner advisory support to bring value to a diverse range of critical infrastructure projects. Our high-end analysis capabilities include nonlinear time history, soil-structure interaction, fluid-structure interaction, thermal, and impact/collision.