Structural Engineer (Atlanta/Marietta-GA)
SC Solutions is seeking a talented engineer to join our Structural Division to support our nuclear practice in the areas of extreme loadings, seismic evaluation, soil-structure interaction, impactive and impulsive analysis and design, probabilistic risk assessment, and margin evaluation. The candidate should possess enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills and independent engineering judgment.
The preferred location for this position is the Atlanta-GA area office, although applications for Sunnyvale-CA, Sacramento-CA or Seattle-WA offices would be considered.
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct finite element analysis for complex nuclear facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Developing finite element models and post-processing of the analysis results through automation and data reduction
- Conducting building and foundation soil-structure interaction analysis in time and/or frequency domain
- Preparing engineering calculations, reports, and presentations for clients
- Performing design checks of structural components for compliance with codes and standards
- Reviewing drawings to extract design inputs
- Developing conceptual drawings and sketches
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, business development, and proposal developments
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, or Soil Dynamics
- 2+ years of experience in support of the investigation and validation of new design and/or retrofit of nuclear facilities using advance analysis tools and methods
- Strong background in nonlinear structural dynamic analysis of concrete and steel structures
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Proficiency with use of one or more commercial finite element analysis computer programs, such as: ADINA, LSDYNA, SASSI, GT-STRUDL, NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS, MIDAS, and SAP2000
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards such as ACI, AISC, and ASCE
- Familiarity with risk-based performance evaluations, risk and reliability, seismic probabilistic analysis, geo-dynamics, and ground motions is preferred
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
- Occasional travel
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number ATL101.
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions Structural Engineering Division provides engineering services for seismic and earthquake engineering analysis, construction staging, and design solutions. Over time, SC Solutions has developed a unique structural analysis methodology based on a combination of performance-based design procedures coupled with nonlinear time history analysis and soil structure interaction. We have continued to expand applications for our solutions and today we provide engineering solutions for the port and marine, oil and gas, water, and nuclear industries as well as transportation infrastructure.