Structural Engineer (Multiple Locations)
SC Solutions is seeking a talented engineer to join our Structural Division to support multi-industry clients in Transportation, Oil and Gas, Water, and Nuclear; with emphasis on extreme loadings, seismic evaluation and design, soil-structure interaction, wind analysis, serviceability, strength, safety evaluation, and structural health monitoring. The candidate should possess enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills and independent engineering judgment.
Applications for the Sunnyvale-CA, Sacramento-CA, Atlanta-GA and Seattle-WA offices will be considered. Please identify the location(s) of interest in your application.
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct finite element analysis for a wide range of structure types. Responsibilities include:
- Developing finite element models and post-processing of the analysis results through automation and data reduction
- Conducting building and foundation soil-structure interaction analysis in the time and/or frequency domains
- Preparing engineering calculations, reports, and presentations for clients
- Performing design checks of structural components for compliance with codes and standards
- Reviewing drawings to extract design inputs
- Developing conceptual drawings and sketches
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, business development, and proposal developments
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, or Soil Dynamics
- 2+ years of experience in nonlinear structural dynamic analysis of concrete and steel structures
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Proficiency with use of one or more commercial finite element analysis computer programs, such as: ADINA, LSDYNA, SASSI, GT-STRUDL, NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS, MIDAS, and SAP2000
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
- Occasional travel
- $85K to $115K
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number:
- SVL202 for Sunnyvale-CA
- SAC202 for Sacramento-CA
- ATL201 for Atlanta-GA
- SEA201 for Seattle-WA
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of controls, mechanical, and structural engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across aerospace, defense, energy, infrastructure, semiconductor manufacturing, biomedical, and transportation industries.
The Structural Engineering division provides services related to analysis, design, risk assessment, certification, and owner advisory support to bring value to a diverse range of critical infrastructure projects. Our high-end analysis capabilities include nonlinear time history, soil-structure interaction, fluid-structure interaction, thermal, and impact/collision.