Structural Engineer (Sunnyvale or Sacramento-CA)
SC Solutions is seeking a talented engineer to join our Structural Division to support multi-industry clients in Transportation, Oil and Gas, Water and Nuclear, with emphasis on extreme loadings, seismic evaluation and design, soil-structure interaction, wind analysis, serviceability, strength, and safety evaluation, and Structural Health Monitoring. The candidate should possess enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills and independent engineering judgment.
The preferred location for this position is Sunnyvale-CA or Sacramento-CA offices, although applications for the Atlanta-GA and Seattle-WA offices would be considered.
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct finite element analysis for a wide range of structure types. Responsibilities include:
- Developing finite element models and postprocessing of the analysis results through automation and data reduction
- Conducting building and foundation soil-structure interaction analysis in time and/or frequency domain
- Preparing engineering calculations, reports and presentations for clients
- Performing design checks of structural components for compliance with codes and standards
- Reviewing drawings to extract design inputs
- Developing conceptual drawings and sketches
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, business development, and proposal developments
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering or Soil Dynamics
- 2+ years of experience in nonlinear structural dynamic analysis of concrete and steel structures
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Proficiency with use of one or more commercial finite element analysis computer programs, such as: ADINA, LSDYNA, SASSI, GT-STRUDL, NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS, MIDAS, and SAP2000
- Familiarity with applicable industry codes and standards such as IBC, ACI, AISC and ASCE
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule with a high degree of accuracy
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
- Occasional travel
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com, and reference job number SCA202
About SC Solutions: SC Solutions Structural Engineering Division provides engineering services for seismic and earthquake engineering analysis, construction staging, and design solutions. Over time, SC Solutions has developed a unique structural analysis methodology based on a combination of performance-based design procedures coupled with nonlinear time history analysis and soil structure interaction. We have continued to expand applications for our solutions and, today, we provide engineering solutions for port and marine, oil and gas, water and nuclear industries as well as transportation infrastructure.