Thermal Engineer (San Diego-CA or Sunnyvale-CA)
SC Solutions (www.scsolutions.com) is a leading provider of mechanical, aerospace, structural, and controls engineering solutions to a wide range of industries including aerospace, energy, defense, infrastructure, and manufacturing. Striving to provide value to our customers through innovation is our core philosophy. We offer services in design, analysis, optimization, test support, prototype development, and process improvement using modern CAD and CAE tools. Joining our team of renowned experts and advisors, you will have the opportunity to address complex challenges using advanced simulation methods and software. Turn-the-crank problems or pigeonholing is not on the prospectus here.
We are looking for Thermal Analysis Engineers to join our growing team in positions ranging from Junior to Project Engineer levels in our San Diego and Sunnyvale offices.
The preferred location for this full-time position is either the Sunnyvale-CA office or the San Diego-CA offices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create thermal (heat transfer & fluids) analytical models using CAD/CAE software
- Perform thermal analysis including steady state, transient, & on-orbit solutions. The ideal candidate would have additional experience with advanced features (articulation, automation of temperature mapping, multi-phase, orbit definition).
- Support analysis-driven design efforts
- Present findings to the project team, company, or customer
- Create reports to document results and conclusions
- Document work using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar Engineering field
- 2-5 years of work experience with heavy emphasis on Thermal Analysis
- Experience in on-orbit thermal analysis and/or TVAC testing is highly desirable
- Experience in Thermal Desktop is required
- Experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following additional commercial thermal analysis tools is highly desirable: Maya ESC/TMG, NX Thermal, SINDA, NASTRAN, I-DEAS or other widely used commercial code
- Experience with or willingness to learn structural finite element analysis is a plus
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, Visual Basic, Java, or another programming language is desirable
- Must be able to communicate effectively — in written and verbal format
- Must be able to manage own schedule and technical work product
- Must be able to take direction for job functions
- Successful candidates must be positive team players who are committed to excellence
- Must be willing to learn new skills and software packages, as well as work independently to expand engineering knowledge beyond current areas of focus
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and reference job number SVL204.
Mechanical and Aerospace Division programs require access to government, defense, and classified information. Per ITAR compliance requirements we can only consider your application if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
SC Solutions provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match. SC Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.