Structural Engineer, Atlanta, GA
SC Solutions is seeking a talented engineer to join our Structural Division to support our clients in Nuclear, as well as Transportation, Water, and Oil and Gas industries. The position would involve advanced analysis and structural performance evaluation with an emphasis on extreme loading, seismic evaluation and design, soil-structure interaction, and structural fragility. The candidate should possess enthusiasm and eagerness to continuously develop new analytical skills and independent engineering judgement.
This position is available for Atlanta-GA (Marietta).
Under the supervision of a Lead Project Engineer, conduct finite element analysis and structural evaluations for a wide range of structure types. Responsibilities include:
- Developing finite element models and post-processing of the analysis results through automation and data reduction
- Conducting building and foundation soil-structure interaction analysis in the time and/or frequency domains
- Performing design checks of structural components for compliance with codes and standards
- Preparing engineering calculations, reports, and presentations for clients
- Reviewing drawings to extract design inputs
- Developing conceptual drawings and sketches
- Assisting in project delivery, task management, project management, business development, and proposal developments.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- MS or PhD degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program in Structural Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering, or Earthquake Engineering
- 2+ years of post-graduate project experience
- Proficiency with use of one or more commercial finite element analysis programs, such as: LS-DYNA, ANSYS, GTSTRUDL, SAP2000, SASSI, and/or ABAQUS
- Familiarity with structural engineering industry codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC
- Proficiency with use of computer programming and scripting tools for engineering computations, such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Python, and VBA
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to complete assignments within budget and schedule
- PE License or ability to obtain PE License within 2 years
- $85K to $115K
Nuclear infrastructure projects require access to certain government and/or classified technology which are subject to U.S. nuclear export laws. Per 10 CFR Part 810 and 10 CFR Part 110, we can only consider your application if you are a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Silicon Valley, SC Solutions is a leading provider of structural engineering, controls, and mechanical engineering services. We employ leaders in their respective fields who, through professional outreach and committee involvement, remain engaged in cutting-edge industry developments. Over time, SC Solutions has developed unique capabilities by leveraging advanced numerical simulation to help our clients meet and exceed their desired performance objectives. Today we apply our specialized expertise and innovative solutions to serve clients across infrastructure, energy, defense, transportation, aerospace, semiconductor manufacturing, and biomedical industries.
The Structural Engineering division provides services related to analysis, design, risk assessment, certification, and owner advisory support to bring value to a diverse range of critical infrastructure projects. Our high-end analysis capabilities include nonlinear response history, soil-structure interaction, fluid-structure interaction, thermal, and impact/collision.