SC Solutions and Hyundai Motors successfully completed a program on use of COMSOL Multiphysics for optimizing the process of induction hardening of gears. During this collaborative research project, Mr. Si-Yup Lee of Hyundai spent a year at SC Solutions’ offices in Sunnyvale as a researcher in residence. The team worked closely to develop finite element (FEM) models of the transient induction heating process for different types of gears that incorporated phase transformation and temperature-dependent material properties. Advanced optimization techniques were used to determine operating parameters that maximized performance metrics such as hardness uniformity while meeting several constraints.
- SC Solutions Wins Contract to Provide Seismic Protection
- SC Solutions Congratulates Mahantesh Hiremath, Ph.D., P.E., FASME on becoming the 140th President of ASME
- DOE Awards Phase II STTR Grant to SC and Princeton to Develop Software for Quantum Control & Optimization
- Thermal Analysis of Flare Containment Structure
- SC Solutions Welcomes Joseph Smith as Director of Mechanical & Aerospace Division