SC Solutions and Hyundai Motors successfully completed a program on use of COMSOL Multiphysics for optimizing the process of induction hardening of gears. During this collaborative research project, Mr. Si-Yup Lee of Hyundai spent a year at SC Solutions’ offices in Sunnyvale as a researcher in residence. The team worked closely to develop finite element (FEM) models of the transient induction heating process for different types of gears that incorporated phase transformation and temperature-dependent material properties. Advanced optimization techniques were used to determine operating parameters that maximized performance metrics such as hardness uniformity while meeting several constraints.
- SC Solutions Welcomes Joseph Smith as Director of Mechanical & Aerospace Division
- COMSOL Conference 2020 North America October 7-8
- 32nd Advanced Process Control Smart Manufacturing (APCSM) Conference October 6-7, 2020
- Hyundai Motors and SC Solutions Collaborate on Research Project on Multiphysics Modeling
- Control Architecture Developed for DARPA’s Program on the Physics of Artificial Intelligence (PAI)