SC Solutions and Hyundai Motors successfully completed a program on use of COMSOL Multiphysics for optimizing the process of induction hardening of gears. During this collaborative research project, Mr. Si-Yup Lee of Hyundai spent a year at SC Solutions’ offices in Sunnyvale as a researcher in residence. The team worked closely to develop finite element (FEM) models of the transient induction heating process for different types of gears that incorporated phase transformation and temperature-dependent material properties. Advanced optimization techniques were used to determine operating parameters that maximized performance metrics such as hardness uniformity while meeting several constraints.
- SC Solutions Signs MOU with Uhuru Consumer Electronics to Support Venture to Connect the African Continent
- APCSM Conference at Austin, TX, October 10-13, 2022
- Dr. Mahantesh Hiremath Completes Term as ASME President
- SC Solutions Engineers Presented at SMiRT 26
- SC Solutions Supports ASME Robotics Roadmapping Workshop