SC is one of six companies selected for award of Small Business Innovation Research – Small Business Technology Transfer Program (SBIR-STTR) Grants for SSL Technology development awarded by Department of Energy in its FY16 Phase I Release 1. This project proposes to develop an innovative temperature control technology for use in metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) reactors, to improve both throughput and the performance of the manufactured LED by reducing the effects of unpredictable and variable LED colors, which is a function of the substrate temperature during the deposition process. The proposed control technology will be feasible using new efficient and scalable algorithms and by increasing computational power for real-time control. The Phase I effort will demonstrate a control system that can steer the MOCVD heat transfer process from an uncertain initial state to a target state while maintaining control constraints and keeping the temperatures within a desired range.
- SC Solutions Congratulates Dr. Derrick Watkins on becoming an ASCE Fellow
- ASME Town Hall: International Space Station National Laboratory
- SC Solutions Becomes a 100% Employee-Owned Company
- Mahantesh Hiremath on ASME E-Fest Growing Industries Panel about Careers in Space
- ASME and IMECE Information Panel, “Nuclear Power in Space Applications: Promise, Practice, and Challenges”