SC is one of six companies selected for award of Small Business Innovation Research – Small Business Technology Transfer Program (SBIR-STTR) Grants for SSL Technology development awarded by Department of Energy in its FY16 Phase I Release 1. This project proposes to develop an innovative temperature control technology for use in metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) reactors, to improve both throughput and the performance of the manufactured LED by reducing the effects of unpredictable and variable LED colors, which is a function of the substrate temperature during the deposition process. The proposed control technology will be feasible using new efficient and scalable algorithms and by increasing computational power for real-time control. The Phase I effort will demonstrate a control system that can steer the MOCVD heat transfer process from an uncertain initial state to a target state while maintaining control constraints and keeping the temperatures within a desired range.
- APCSM Conference at Austin, Texas, October 9-12, 2023
- SC Solutions Appoints Chris Larsen as Chief Executive Officer
- SC Opens New Office in Portland, OR
- SC Solutions Supports Development of Varda Winnebago-1, “World’s First Space Factory”
- SC wins USDA SBIR Phase III Funding to Develop a Rapid Real-time Image Analysis Tool for Meat Quality Monitoring