SC is one of six companies selected for award of Small Business Innovation Research – Small Business Technology Transfer Program (SBIR-STTR) Grants for SSL Technology development awarded by Department of Energy in its FY16 Phase I Release 1. This project proposes to develop an innovative temperature control technology for use in metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) reactors, to improve both throughput and the performance of the manufactured LED by reducing the effects of unpredictable and variable LED colors, which is a function of the substrate temperature during the deposition process. The proposed control technology will be feasible using new efficient and scalable algorithms and by increasing computational power for real-time control. The Phase I effort will demonstrate a control system that can steer the MOCVD heat transfer process from an uncertain initial state to a target state while maintaining control constraints and keeping the temperatures within a desired range.
- SC Solutions Engineer Quoted in News Article Highlighting Innovative “Track Bridge” Solution for Sound Transit’s East Link Extension Project
- SC Solutions Sponsors Table at Puget Sound WTS Annual Awards and Scholarship Dinner
- 2017 SEMICON China, Shanghai, PRC, March 14 – March 16, 2017
- SC Solutions Welcomes Back Chuck Ruth
- 2017 SSL R&D Workshop, Long Beach, CA, January 31 – February 2, 2017